ALERT: Transgender Woman Murdered in Hollywood, Another Shot at in Plummer Park

ALERT: Transgender Woman Murdered in Hollywood, Another Shot at in Plummer Park

by Karen Ocamb on November 18, 2011

Thursday night, Nov. 17, at around 9:55pm, a transgender woman named Cassidy (aka Nathan Vickers) was shot in the chest and killed in Hollywood on Lexington Avenue and Gower Street.

Police believe the same suspect may have been responsible for the attempted robbery of another African American transgender woman in Plummer Park in West Hollywood. The LAPD Crime Alert says the incident apparently occurred around 10:25 pm when the suspect “fired at the victim once with a black semi-automatic pistol.” The Alert says: “Suspect should be considered armed and dangerous.”

LAPD Det. Jim Hays says that the suspect is described as a Black male, around 5’ 9” tall, about 150 pounds, in his mid 20s-to-30 years old, with light facial hair, wearing a possible dark, hooded sweatshirt. He is believed to be a possible transient. He was last seen leaving Plummer Park riding a Beach-Cruiser-type bicycle.

Hays says the LAPD and the West Hollywood Sheriff’s station are working closely together to find the suspect but would appreciate the public’s help.  If you have any information – please contact:

Hollywood Homicide Detectives: D. Vinton, Serial No. 31085, (213) 972-2901, 31085@LAPD.LACITY.ORG OR B. Goodkin, Serial No. 37039, (213) 972-2912, 37039@LAPD.LACITY.ORG

AFTER HOURS CONTACT HOLLYWOOD WATCH COMMANDER AT (213) 485-4628.

{ 3 trackbacks }

Hollywood Now Has A Murderer Of Trans Women Roaming The Streets / Queerty
November 18, 2011 at 2:19 PM
ALERT: Transgender Woman Murdered in Hollywood, Another Shot at in Plummer Park « Women Born Transsexual
November 18, 2011 at 4:56 PM
ELIXHER » Week in Review – Click, Watch, Read
November 18, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Jake Finney November 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM

So sad, right on the heels of Day of Remembrance.

Anonymous November 19, 2011 at 1:19 AM

At least they moved on it. All too often the police file it and just say “no leeds”.

Karenocamb November 19, 2011 at 1:44 AM

Actually – I went to the LAPD Chief’s LGBT Forum Thursday night – also in Hollywood – and the forum started out with and spent much of the time talking about transgender issues. They are doing cutting edge stuff in law enforcement with a Transgender Advisory Task Force that I will be writing about in the future. This obviously had to come first.

Tech2803 November 19, 2011 at 3:21 AM

I grew up with Nathan in East Palo Alto. He was a good hearted person no matter what his choice of life style was. His death has stunned many people that knew and cared about him. 1 Luv Nate

Thomas_qiana November 19, 2011 at 7:34 AM

AN DA BASTARD GOT AWAY ON A FUCC’N BIKE!!!!!WUT DA FUCC IS DA WORLD COMING TO…….:(

Savstat November 19, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I lived around the corner from Nate, in East Palo Alto. And went to high school with him, he was one of my bestfriends and i never look at him as gay, people would ask me about him and I’d be like Hell naw! That Nigga got bitches!! And he alwAys had b itches. And stayed fitted. He got me Pussy on many accasions, he became family by time I got out of highschool. As time went on I pretty much figured out about Nate but he alwAys stayed my cutty. REST IN PEACE CHASE

guess02 November 20, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I also knew Cassidy. He used to hang out in Oakland by the MLK area. Someone tried to do the same thing to him in Oakland, not sure why.
Hope his spirit rests in peace.